• Population : 32. 94 Million
• Currency : Saudi Riyal
• Climate : Subtropical – October to April Temperature : from 25 – 35 degrees centigrade
• Language : Arabic
• 14th largest country on Earth (2,149,690 sq. km)
• Largest sand desert on Earth (Rub-Al-Khali)
‘• Mada’in Saleh’ is one of the ancient cities in the world.
• Largest country in the world without any rivers.
Saudi Arabia contains the world’s largest continuous sand desert, al-Rub al-Khali (the Empty Quarter). Saudi Arabia has four other major regions. The largest is the Najd, a central plateau, which rises from about 600 metres in the east to about 1,500 metres in the west. The capital, Riyadh, is located in the Najd. The Hijaz stretches along the Red Sea from the Gulf of Aqaba south to Asir and is the location of the holy cities of Mecca and Medina. Asir, extending south to the Yemen border, includes a fertile coastal plain. Inland mountains in the Asir region rise to more than 2,700 metres. The Eastern Province extends along the Persian Gulf and is the primary oil-producing region of the country. The oasis region of al-Ahsa occupies much of the Eastern Province.